So I didn’t exactly intend to update the site but it happened. I had wanted to test a potential new theme, leaving the work for another day. Except the new theme and some of what came with it made a mess of the old theme. Thus, I spent Sunday tinkering with the new theme.
I didn’t spend as long as I normally would and there are bits and pieces that I am not 100% satisfied with but overall I am happy with how quickly the changeover went and how easily it happened.
My old sites were on the Genesis Framework and I loved that system. Unfortunately, after selling the company to WordPress Engine, the company stopped supporting the themes as they used to do. They weren’t getting updated looks except for third party developers and many were not even ADA compliant.
Things change quickly online, unfortunately, but I’d been using Studio Press for probably a decade back when I could get the developer pack for what one would pay for a single theme nowadays. I can’t say that I didn’t get my money’s worth out of them.
Now, I am using the Astra theme with one of their starter templates reconfigured to work for me. It took only a few hours to do that. And then I sat shocked not knowing what to do with myself as I was still in website tinkering mode! Well, I have books to add to the bookstore my publishing site is building.